A teacher once told me "Improve your savasana and you will improve your life." Learn how to give yourself and your students the opportunity to stop working to control their body and mind and instead rest with support, awareness, and intention. The deep, purposeful kind of resting possible with restorative yoga can eliminate fatigue, expedite recovery from injuries, ease experiences of anxiety, and develop resistance to the impact of stress on physical and mental health, among other things. In this master class you will learn:
- detailed alignment and propping instruction of at least four restorative postures, including new ways to practice savasana;
- the benefits, applications, and energetics of restorative yoga asanas;
- when and how to use props to initiate a relaxation response;
- ways to identify physical and energetic misalignment in restorative poses;
- skills for making adjustments during restorative practice
Learn more about Tara Lemerise at her website.
This Master Class is designed for teachers and yoga students looking to deepen their understanding of practicing and/or teaching Restorative Yoga. Attendance of the workshop qualifies certified yoga teachers to four (4) continuing education credits for Yoga Alliance.